Our client, in Logistics and Distribution Company is looking to hire a warehouse operations manager. The Ideal candidate should have at least 6 years’ experience in a busy warehouse setup and a Valid DL.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of annual warehouse budgets.
- Alignment of inventory with market demand to reduce /avoid Out of Stocks (OOS).
- Accounting for return on investment for resources employed in the warehouse.
- Timely and accurate processing of orders.
- Development and implementation of a warehousing and operations strategy.
- Establishment and implementation of department goals, work plans and operating procedures in line with the company strategic and operational plans.
- Establishment and maintenance of effective and conducive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Managing and providing strategic direction for continuous improvement in people management processes and systems for all employees reporting to the role.
- Accurate record keeping for all warehouse transactions.
- Overseeing implementation of warehousing policies and procedures.
- Overseeing receiving, warehousing, distribution, and maintenance operations.
- Tracking of supplier non- performance (OOS) and impact on business.
- Management of Empties stocks through ERP and DMS.
- Conducting daily/ weekly and Monthly stock counts and validating the same through the ERP and DMS systems.
- Generating stock reports daily from the ERP and DMS systems and sharing with management.
- Ensuring stocks moved physically through sales or otherwise is posted in the systems (ERP and DMS).
- Management of inventory carrying costs.
- Conducting monthly checks on warehouse operations impact of revenue and implementing improvement programs.
- Order fulfilment for both internal and external customers.
- Developing systems and processes to curb pilferage.
- Driving achievement of business objectives through active participation in the planning process with business partners.
- Monitoring stock levels and product freshness across the business in line with the company stock policy.
- Training the warehouse team to execute their roles and task them to have personal development objectives in place.
- Identifying and developing of a robust talent pipeline for succession planning.
- Maintaining a motivated warehouse and operations team.
- Planning work rota, assigning tasks appropriately and appraising results.
- Recruitment, selection, orientation, coaching and motivating employees.
- Establishing a clear understanding of the warehousing and operations strategy across the organization.
- Proposing and tracking of goals and KPIs for direct reports and continuously tracking performance.
- Spearheading compliance with the company health, safety, hygiene and security policies and procedures.
- A Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain management with KCSE
C+ and above, C plain in math and C plain in English -Accountancy course would be an
- At least 6 years’ experience in FMCG- reverse logistics experience will be an added
- Valid driving License.
- Proficiency in office 365.
- Experience in utilization of warehouse management software.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Honest and dynamic.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Must be flexible to work long hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Physically fit with ability to lift up to 25kgs
Note: – Indicate position applying for as the SUBJECT EMAIL.
Please apply using [email protected]
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted tomorrow.
Execafrica Recruitment Limited does not charge any recruitment fee to candidates for interviews and job placements.