Our client, a manufacturing company is looking for a Procurement Manager to manage the procurement function in a manner that ensures continuous availability of supplies to facilitate business continuity.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, document and implement procurement policies and procedures and monitor activities to ensure compliance.
- Prepare annualised procurement plans based on business forecasts and in consultation with the relevant heads revise such plans quarterly, in line with production and maintenance trends and stock movement.
- Formulate and manage the procurement budget and continually identify and implement cost reduction initiatives in consultation with relevant authorities
- Set minimum and maximum stocks levels for stock items and ensure that these are complied with.
- Put in place an effective system for identifying and disposing surplus or dead stock.
- Implement continuous improvement in procurement practices.
- Develop stores operation and safety systems and ensure that these are complied with at all times.
- Pre-qualify suppliers and draw up a preferred suppliers list and contract terms, including pricing, in consultation with the supervisor
- Manage supply contracts, ensure compliance to contractual terms by all parties, and that any arising disputes/claims are resolved equitably and speedily.
- Train, manage and develop staff.
- Ensure that accurate stores records are maintained and timely reports generated.
- Generate procurement reports including procurement status reports, over and under stocking, etc to aid management decision making.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Degree in Business Administration
- Diploma in Purchasing & Supply Management
- 5 years’ experience of purchasing and stores management
- Strong analytical and statistical skills
- Procurement skills
- Third party management skills
- Relationship building and maintenance skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Staff supervision and training skills
- Stock management skills
Note: – Indicate position applying for as the SUBJECT EMAIL.
Please apply using [email protected]
Execafrica Recruitment Limited does not charge any recruitment fee to candidates for interviews and job placements.