- June 11, 2021
- Posted by: adminexecafrica
A director of sales is responsible for all the sales of the company products. He or she will manage all of the sales activities and sales managers. A few of the main duties of a director of sales are training sales managers, identify key markets, stay on top of emerging trends, and collaborate with teams. He or she will also develop sales reports for the entire company.
- Define an optimal sales team and sales support structure across the business to support growth.
- Build plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals.
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement.
- Become known as an employer of choice and a sales force that top industry sales professionals want to join.
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets and drive engagement.
- Identify and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and key internal functions.
- Collaborate across departments, and provide leadership that supports the company’s culture, mission and values.
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Build a customer and channel strategy that leverages key trends and drives growth in new/existing markets.
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships.
- Manage the revenue and opportunity pipeline, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth.
- Support and maintain a positive safety culture by being an active leader in all safety program initiatives.
- MBA/Degree in business or related field preferred.
- Minimum of twelve years of Sales experience required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a manager or director level role with direct reports is required.
- Experience building and managing a sales pipeline and opportunity funnel with Sales Force.
- Leadership skills to manage all of the sales managers.
- Ability to analyze data to find trends and problems.
Note: – Kindly indicate your salary expectation and notice on your CV. Indicate position applying for as
the SUBJECT EMAIL.
Please apply using email@example.com.
Only candidates that make it to the next stage of recruitment will be contacted.