- March 4, 2021
- Posted by: adminexecafrica
LOCATION: Flying Kites Teacher Training Center and Academy – Njabini
DEPARTMENT: Kenya Operations
OFFICE HOURS: Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
POSITION STATUS: Staff (With Overtime)
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Senior Manager for Operations and Administration
The Procurement and Asset Management Associate holds a critical position in the daily
operations of all work and programs in Kenya. In consultation with the Department and Program Heads and Finance Team, he/she is responsible for the procurement, acceptance, inventory, storage, management, and recordkeeping of all supplies and resources. He/she coordinates all aspects of resource acquisition, distribution, and allocation of supplies in compliance with Procurement Policies, Auditor guidelines, and best practices, with the highest attention to transparency and integrity. He/she further serves as the primary organizational liaison with suppliers and contractors, ensuring a consistently high level of quality, service, and value. The role requires exceptional planning, organizational, technical, and communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: “Essential duties” are those that an individual must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation or additional staffing support.
• Develop and manage an annual and termly (to coincide with school terms) procurement plans on a program-by-program basis, inclusive of all supplies, books, resources, materials, and food required to meet programmatic needs.
• Develop technical (data-driven) tools to maintain accurate records and prepare reports for key stakeholders.
• Coordinate procedures consistent with developed and/or approved sourcing strategies and preferred vendors.
• Develop and introduce control strategies to minimize risk.
• Update program managers and department heads on status of pending orders and budgetary variances.
• Prepare tender documents and review supplier contracts and proposals to ensure they meet expected standards.
• Maintain procurement records and prepare reports for leadership.
• Collaborate with the Finance Team to develop and maintain an up-to date database that ensures payments, services and deliveries are within expected agreements and timelines.
• Collaborate with outsourced Procurement and/or Finance Team to prepare requisitions, LPO’s, delivery notes, awards notifications, and contract agreements.
• Track of tenders, orders, deliveries, and quotations using spreadsheets and generate status reports.
• Collaborate with outsourced Procurement and/or Finance Team to explore and establish optimal suppliers based on cost, efficiency, and delivery specifications.
• Manage and maintain all storage areas (including but not limited to food storage, school storage, and administrative supply closets), including management and records of inventory and distribution of supplies.
• Develops plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies and negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts.
• Collaborate with key persons to ensure clear communication of the specifications and expectations of the company.
• Review and stay up to date on trends and market conditions to improve negotiating ability, quality, and economies of scale.
• Work closely with the local business community to identify and recommend opportunities where organizational needs can help improve the local economy.
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Supplies and Procurement, or similar area of study
• Minimum of 3 years experience, preferably within a Kenyan School environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Fluency in English and Swahili.
• Exceptional technical (computer) skills, including the ability to prepare spreadsheets accurately and quickly and include formulae in Excel and/or Google Sheets.
• Well-developed and mature professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with colleagues at all organizational levels.
• Exceptional quality management and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion.
• Ability to respond quickly and maintain composure in situations that impact the safety and security of children.
• Ability to exercise judgment and discretion when making independent decisions.
• An incident-free Children’s Check and National Police Check (Certificate of Good Conduct) is a strict condition of employment and must be provided at time of hire and updated on request.
• Weekend and after-hours work is expected and required to meet organizational priorities.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned to support coverage for colleagues who are absent, on holiday or personal leave.
• All Kenya-based positions are based from the Njabini campus and subject to occasional interruptions in power and/or Internet access.
• All our programs and objectives serve children from preschool through young adults. Our workplace is thus regularly accessed and impacted by children.
The responsibilities and specifications contained in this job description are not all-inclusive; additional duties may be assigned, and requirements may vary to meet changing organizational and program objectives.
Note: – Kindly indicate your age, salary expectation and notice on your CV.
Indicate position applying for as the SUBJECT EMAIL.
Please apply using firstname.lastname@example.org