- July 7, 2021
- Posted by: adminexecafrica
LOCATION: Kenya Office
OFFICE HOURS: Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
POSITION STATUS: Management (Without Overtime)
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Executive Director-Kenya
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Information Communication and Technology “ICT” Systems Manager plays a critical role in the successful operations and administration of the Kenya office and Leadership Academy (in Kenya. He/she is responsible for the overall development, deployment, and effective use of technology systems by employees, students and teachers, aligned with program and business needs. He/she manages all aspects of the day-to-day utilization of ICT systems, including support, troubleshooting, asset management, maintenance, data security, user training, vendor management, and the enforcement of ICT policies and procedures. The ICT Systems Manager is further responsible for all aspects of the technology procurement process in Kenya, from the identification of needs and compliance with budgeting requirements to the installation, ongoing maintenance, updating and management of inventory. The ICT Systems Manager serves as a liaison with service providers and IT vendors, ensuring a consistently high level of service and value. The ICT Technician also liaises directly with the team to ensure systems compatibility across country lines, clear reporting, and secure record keeping. He will also serve as a backup resource person for the ICT Training and Program Manager in the training programs applied across the school network. The role requires exceptional technical, organizational and Communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works collaboratively and flexibly with the Executive Director (K), ICT Training & Programs Manager and other department heads to ensure ongoing understanding and management of all ICT-related needs and expected levels of service.
- Maintains organizational effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing ICT systems.
- Responsible for the deployment, installation, support, disposal, and periodic updates of all ICT systems, including workstations, servers, cabling, and all other IT hardware and software.
- Maintains all assets and systems in good working order; ensures all maintenance issues and breakdowns are resolved and repairs or replacements are enacted quickly and cost effectively.
- Recommends and documents ICT strategies, policies and procedures by evaluating organizational and program outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating future requirements.
- Creates and follows preventative maintenance schedules for all IT resources, including periodic checks of key configurations (local backups, antivirus and security updates, firewalls, etc.).
- Monitors ISP service and internet speed/strength; takes appropriate actions to ensure consistently high connection levels.
- Collaborates with the Head of School, ICT Training & Programs manager and other Team leaders to introduce and deploy technology for students in keeping with organizational, curricular, and country objectives.
- Collaborates with Finance to manage all mobile SIM cards and credit plans for efficiency and proper use.
- Collaborates with the HR Department to develop and enforce employee onboarding and offboarding procedures and data handovers from departing personnel, including all electronic files and email backups.
- Ensures data protection and security across all systems by developing and enforcing standards for user passwords, ensuring appropriate use of systems by employees and students, establishing and monitoring access permissions, internet content, and creating a protocol for emergency access to all systems by organizational leadership.
- Preserves assets and information by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Liaises with the International office to ensure email creation, management and removal. In collaboration with the ICT Training & program manager, procures software and hardware consistent with business needs, program needs and budgets, ensuring all proper licensing, updating and recordkeeping.
- Develops and enforces ICT policies, procedures and training requirements.
- Receives, tags, and registers all assets, clearly documenting the deployment of assets, monitoring their use, and conducting periodic spot checks to ensure accuracy of inventory.
- Identifies and proposes new systems and uses of technology to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance the organization’s ability to meet programming goals.
- Conversant with IT applications is classroom and can help in developing computer based learning materials.
- Serve as back-up and key resource to the ICT Training & Program Manager in delivery of training, EdTech and other educational resources.
Education and Work Experience:
● Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Engineering or related field.
● Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a busy IT department, preferably within a Kenyan School environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Fluency in English and Swahili.
● Well-developed and mature professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with colleagues at all
● Exceptional quality management and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion.
● Ability to respond quickly and maintain composure in situations that impact the safety and security of children.
● Ability to exercise judgment and discretion when making independent decisions.
● An incident-free Children’s Check and National Police Check (Certificate of Good Conduct) is a strict condition
of employment and must be provided at time of hire and updated on request.
● Weekend and after-hours work is expected and required to meet organizational priorities.
● Occasional travel may be required.
● Additional responsibilities may be assigned to support coverage for colleagues who are absent, on holiday or personal
Note: – Kindly indicate your salary expectation and notice on your CV.
Indicate position applying for as the SUBJECT EMAIL.
Please apply using [email protected] by 23rd July 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Execafrica Recruitment Limited does not charge any recruitment fee to candidates for interviews and job placements.