- June 23, 2021
- Posted by: adminexecafrica
Food and Beverage Manager
Our client in the Hospitality Industry is looking for a food and beverage manager. The Ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and control operations of the Food & Beverage (F&B) department so as to ensure profitability is optimized and that the quality of service is maintained at the highest possible standard at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement Food &Beverage (F&B) performance standards and other specifications in line with best practice and ensure compliance to such standards by the F&B team.
- Implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), review and initiate remedial action as and where needed.
- Ensure standard of safety, health, cleanliness and hygiene are strictly adhered to.
- In liaison with the Head Chef, ensure a cost effective and sustainable operation through on-going budgetary and cost control, cost review and the implementation of cost saving initiatives.
- Continually monitor and control the usage of operating equipment and supplies.
- Carry out monthly stock takes, explain variances and submit returns.
- Gather feedback and comments from guests, review and put in place remedial action.
- Continually monitor competitor activities and report to management for action.
- Prepare, analyze and submit daily, weekly and monthly reports for management review.
- Stay abreast of developments and trends in Food &Beverage (F&B) service.
- Continually assess the competence of his team and offer coaching support and training as needed, identify staff training and development needs and carry out staff appraisals.
- Lead, motivate, develop and control staff.
- Supervising, co-coordinating and directing the prompt, efficient and courteous service of Food & Beverages in the Food & Beverage Outlets.
- Manage employee functions such as employee orientation on the job, performance appraisal, counseling and coaching to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
- Conduct on the job training for Food & Beverage employees and ensure pre-meal briefings are daily on course.
- To ensure the prompt and efficient service of all meals, snacks, functions and beverages to the required standards.
- To ensure that barmen are well trained, correctly and smartly dressed and serve their customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- To ensure that consumable and non-consumable goods are ordered, correctly stored and issued to the various F&B sections.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A degree/Diploma in Hotel management
- Advanced Diploma in food and Beverage
- 3 Years relevant work experience
- Menu planning and costing skills
- Budgets and budgetary control
- Cost management
- Profitability/margins tracking
- Business awareness
- Customer service skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong people management skills including training, performance and discipline
- Must possess strong customer service orientation skills and exhibit the ability to promote team work and cooperation among staff
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Ability to work long hours when required and meeting attendance at last minute notice.
Note: – Kindly indicate your salary expectation and notice on your CV
Indicate position applying for as the SUBJECT EMAIL
Please apply using [email protected]
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted