Our client, in logistics and distribution company is looking to hire a competent Fleet Assistant whose responsibility is to manage the company fleet and make sure all the drivers and riders adhere to fleet policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that all fleet users are respecting the company fleet policy and are reporting any infringements to the respective policy, in which case the proper disciplinary procedure is followed.
- Support in the preparation of draft budgets, forecasts, plans and requirements for all fleet acquisition, operation, maintenance and repair requirements as per identified needs.
- To plan and schedule daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and fleet service, maintenance and repair works as per SOPs and fleet manuals with the Fleet Maintenance Company.
- To maintain and keep up-to-date records of all transport activities e.g. fuel consumption, mileage covered by fleet, overtime sheets etc.
- Oversee all repairs and services of motor cycles and motor vehicles by the contracted garages in order to ensure that the fleet is available, reliable and safe for use.
- Ensure adequate insurance is provided for the fleet and liaise with HRM/Finance department to ensure that all renewals are made on time; organise vehicle inspections on a timely basis and ensure timely replacement of expired stickers.
- Ensure all accidents are reported to the Police, insurance and management, follow up to completion/resolution and, represent the company in court cases arising from accidents and maintain accurate and up to date accident records.
- Monitor consumption of fuel, consumables and spares, identify opportunities for cost saving and enhanced efficiencies and ensure accurate and up to date records are maintained.
- Maintain safe custody of all fleet keys including spare keys, safe keys and office keys.
- Ensure that all Drivers and Riders have valid and up to date driving licenses.
- Liaise with the HRM to plan and schedule training for Drivers, Riders and other staff in the team as may be necessary.
- Liaise with the police department and insurance company, when accidents involving the company cars, vans or motorbikes take place, ensuring that the proper procedure is followed, in compliance with Outlook Fleet Policy and Kenyan Law.
- Ensure all cars are equipped and maintained with the required accessories, in compliance with Outlook Fleet Policy and Traffic law.
- Contribute whenever required, to the up-date and improvement of the company fleet policy.
- Facilitating provision of fuel cards to staff.
- Reporting all incidents involving the vehicles and motorbikes to the HRM.
- Monthly generation of fleet reports on fuel and maintenance costs, and an analysis thereof to facilitate decision making.
- Ensure that the motor vehicles checklist is ticked by all the drivers every morning.
- Source, manage and recommend fleet service providers such as mechanics, spare parts e.t.c..
- Manage the relationship of the fleet service providers on behalf of the company.
|JOB KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
- Must have a K.C.S.E. certificate with a Minimum of a C (plain)
- Vocational training in automotive service technology or Fleet Management & Transport Logistics.
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements related to the use and management of vehicles/ fleets
- A minimum of a Diploma/certificate in the field of administration will be an added advantage;
- Two years of proven experience in managing a large fleet of vehicles and motorbikes, including management of drivers ‘pool;
- Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing and spreadsheet;
- Knowledge in vehicles mechanics including an ability to study technical manuals and experience in Four Wheel Drive vehicles;
- Ability to generate reports weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually
- Computer literate with proficiency and experience in using email applications and Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
- Has planning and organizational capacity
- Has a strategic perspective
- Administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise, plan, organise own work and multi-task
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proactive, flexible and initiative in resolution of problems
- Team worker, punctual and of high integrity
- Well groomed; neat and clean appearance
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Attentive to detail
- Good supervisory skills
Note: – Kindly indicate your age, salary expectation and notice on your CV.
Indicate position applying for as the SUBJECT EMAIL.
Please apply using firstname.lastname@example.org